Also writes as Chloe Lees, Chloe of the Midnight Storytellers
Children's author, Author/Illustrator
After dinner speaking
Tel 01451 861185 daytime + evenings up to 8.30pm
Text 07771 863 604
Mistletoe Storyteller at award winning Tenbury Wells Mistletoe Festival (ongoing)Audiences:
Adults, 8-11 (Key stage 2), 5-11 (Key stages 1 and 2), 11-13 (Key stage 3), 14-16 (Key stage 4), 11-16 (Key stages 3 and 4), 6th Form and college
Chloë is a SPOKEN WORD ARTIST who specialises in performance storytelling
Booking now for World Book Day: Thursday 2 March 2017
and World Book Week
Originally trained at London's Central School of Speech & Drama, Chloë has more than 15 years' experience.
"Thank you so much for visiting us – the children loved it. You are truly inspirational and so good at thinking quickly, answering all their questions convincingly and informatively. I know it will really help with their instruction writing and reports about dragons" – Naunton Park School, Cheltenham (October 2016)
NEW storytelling persona Nightshade the Un-Wisewoman of the Woods tells Legends of Britain and beyond.
♦ DRAGON DAY for upper KS1 + KS2 + Y7
Chloë enchants primary school pupils with her stage persona Agent Green the Dragon Whisperer - "the world's only living draconics expert." She arrives in full fantasy flying kit, looking for her lost dragon.
- Dragon Tales are lively traditional folktales, myths and legends about dragons from around the world. Not suitable for under 6s. Any group size
- We Found A Dragon! Reports and instruction, non linear writing: Agent Green leads a lively session on how to look after a dragon hatchling:
- Hot tips on feeding for scale colour, harness design, stabling, what to do when the flame goes out, how to treat Sprained Tail, how to deal with Sabre Toothed Dragon Fleas. Any group size
- How To Draw Your Dragon Agent Green sketches an instant portrait of her dragon companion. Also giant version for class to collage scales etc. Any group size
These sessions support literacy (vocabulary, narrative structure, also factual writing) listening + speaking skills, imagination, concentration. Fuel for creative writing and drawing.
"I LOVE AGENT GREEN! She came to our school and I also went to her show. She's AMAZING!" - Shakira, 7
"Fantastic and very inspiring" - Sapperton Primary School
"Your vocabulary is really inspiring for the children" - Northleach Primary School
"Awesome!" - Rowan, 12 "You tell the best stories" - Jonathan, 11
"Never seen the children sit and listen so quietly!" - Librarian, KLB School, Wotton under Edge (Gloucs) also Teacher, Ducklington Primary School (Oxon) - and many more.
BOOK NOW FOR
- National Dragon Day UK 23 April
- World Dragon Day late October
♦ SHAKESPEARE's SEQUELS + PREQUELS workshop for KS3
An engaging, creative way to explore the themes and characters of The Tempest, Midsummer Night's Dream and any other set Shakespeare text.
- Using the play as a starting point, students devise + present back stories and 'what happens next' scenarios for key and minor characters.
- Requires students to delve into motivations, power politics, how humans tick... Students taking part in this workshop must have a working knowledge of the play.
- Where students know the play well, we try the Peter Brook technique of running scenes in everyday language in order to fully empathise with characters.
Full day or morning workshop
♦ Bardic Battle Project for KS2, KS3, KS4
Also for 6th Form + Performing Arts students
- Discover the stagecraft and multi cultural heritage of traditional storytelling
- Explore the heritage of UK story in Lost Legends of Britain from King Arthur to UFOs
- Develop contemporary and true life tales
Taster Workshop or Course of 6 workshops in storytelling skills and story making: leading to a Bardic Battle Story Slam
Max. group size: 30 per workshop. Session must be at least a double lesson.
As provided for Merthyr Tydfil's four High Schools spring 2013.
Supports literacy, narrative construction, creative writing, imagination, co-operation, concentration, listening + speaking skills.
"Before we did your course, we couldn't go on stage without giggling uncontrollably or bursting into tears. Now we feel much more confident!" - Y7 students in Bardic Battle final.
"I would like to say how pleased we were with the wonderful experience our students had... Students from all ability ranges engaged enthusiastically with the project and I am sure that the benefits of this unique learning experience will resonate throughout their lives. With kindest regards and thanks" - W. Mulry, Bishop Hedley High School
♦ 1 Day Story Slam for KS2, KS3, KS4
Also for 6th Form + Performing Arts students
- Up to 30 students team up to develop scratch storytelling performances for showing in last lesson or after school event.
Public Liability Insurance: £10m
Enhanced CRB (Gloucestershire Education)
DBS applied for
* I have attended child protection training (Everyman Theatre, Cheltenham)
Day £250 + travel + B&B where necessary, by arrangement
Half Day £200 + travel etc
Project from £300 by agreement
Reviews for Dragon Tales CD + ebook:
"A delightful retelling of traditional tales ... without the Disney-stye gloss that attempts to distance children from anything dark or scary" - Amazon review
"A real gem ... stories to draw you in and curl up by the fire" - Amazon review
"This is great! ...Proper stories, traditional tales with a new voice, and gorgeously drawn illustrations. Thoroughly recommend this" - Amazon review
DRAGON TALES e-book features fully written out versions of the stories I recorded live before a KS2 audience on the Dragon Tales audio CD. From performance to page is an exciting, testing transition - demanding a real love of the English language!
| ||Dragon Tales|
Lively illustrated stories from around the world, to accompany spoken word CD
View in Amazon
Equity (actors' union)
Other search criteria:Genres:
Humour, Novelty Books, Sci-fi and Fantasy
Fiction for children (any age), Fiction 5-9, Fiction 8-13, Young Adult
storyteller, storytelling, dragons, monsters, multi cultural, traditional, folktales, legends, mythology, fantasy, Tolkien, fairy tales, spoken word, theatre skills, performance, creative writing, gifted and talented, g&t