My most popular school visits are centred around my non-fiction titles:
- Take a look at the life cycle of an oak tree and changes to the landscape throughout history with What Did the Tree See? Great for learning about chronology and local history.
- Come on a journey up into space and back with The Skies Above My Eyes. Perfect for exploring as part of a space topic.
- Dig down underground with The Street Beneath My Feet to discover what can be found underground, all the way to the centre of the Earth and back! Just right for a topic on rocks and soils.
- Dive down into the ocean with The Deep Blue, learning about the many and varied living things found in our seas. A great addition to a topic on oceans and seas, as well as a useful stimulus for the children's own writing.
- Want to go on a journey around the globe? The World Around Me is an excellent choice for a visit, taking your children around the world to explore places, cultures and incredible animals and landscapes. Works well as enrichment for geography and RE topics.
- Explore the world's highest peaks and most dramatic volcanoes in Mountains - I can take your children around the world, discovering animals and geological features, along with an emphasis on protecting these beautiful places. Works well with a topic on rocks and soils.
As well as exploring a topic in depth, I can also work with the children on their own non-fiction writing, exploring different approaches and styles. I've written many other non-fiction titles on subjects that include biography, sports, art theft, spies, vampires, the First World War, rainforests and the Paralympics and would be happy to tailor any of my titles to specific topics you are studying in your school.
I've also written many picture books, including The World Book Day Monster, One Banana, Two Bananas and Countdown to Christmas, with my husband Adam Guillain. I often write in rhyming text and love exploring funny ideas! It's always fun to perform these stories to Early Years and KS1 children.
Please contact me to discuss the type of visit you are looking for. Bear in mind, I can also deliver virtual visits on a range of platforms.
"I just wanted to say thank you for such a fantastic day. You provided a range of exciting and engaging workshops across so many year groups. Staff were really positive about the workshops, saying how much the children enjoyed them."
Priory Rise School, Milton Keynes
I write all sorts of children's books, both non-fiction and fiction. Here is a small selection.